Sunday, January 29, 2017

Master Bath Details - Ryan Homes Spring Manor

Ryan Homes Spring Manor selections

We opted to do the soaking tub with shower (layout below) for our master bath.  It was a bit expensive to do, but having a tub for me was nonnegotiable. Below are all the selection details.

Cabinets: Timberlake Sonoma in Maple Espresso
As far as the cabinets, we were originally planning to do level 2, but it was only $100 more to do level 3, so we decided on the Sonoma maple espresso. With the soaking tub option, it changes from a single vanity to two separate, so I am looking forward to having my own space!

Faucets / Fixtures: All from the Delta Linden bathroom collection
I'm not a huge fan of the faucets and it was $1000 to upgrade to nickel, so we decided to leave as is and are planning to change out at some point (I keep saying we'll do after we close, but that list is growing and this isn't a huge priority).

Shower Faucets: Delta Linden Shower Faucet
Bath Faucets:Delta Linden Roman Tub Faucet
Sink Faucets : Delta Linden Sink Faucet
Toilet Paper Holder:  Delta Leland Toilet Paper Holder
Towel Bar: Delta Linden Towel Bar 

Lights: Progress Lighting Bravo Collection Vanity Fixture
Again not a huge fan, so I've been looking for alternatives and we can change out at some point. I've been collecting ideas on my Bathroom Pinterest Board.


Flooring: Daltile Skybridge Gray 12x12
I love love love the floors; I do wish they were the 12x24 size, but 12x24 was only available with the gray 12x12 wall tile, which I thought might be too much gray.

Wall / Bath tile: Daltile Polaris Gloss White 9x12
So choosing this was a big ordeal.  I saw this in the master bath in the model in our community and it was installed in a horizontal brick pattern, which I loved.  However, when I asked about it I was told it had been installed incorrectly and wasn't an option. I was not happy (this was right about the time we made our exterior selections and with the limited options I was beyond frustrated).  So the woman we worked with at RiteRug said she would escalate to her manager to see if it was a possibility. When we went back for our second appointment, she said the manufacturer didn't recommend installing horizontally and that they would install it that way, but there would be an additional charge for extra labor and materials (not sure how that is?) and that they wouldn't guarantee the workmanship. She explained that due to the curved edge of the tile the horizontal lines wouldn't look straight. I was still ok with this until we got the price, which was an additional $1000. So we decided to go back to the vertical installation. I don't love it, but it's grown on me.

Accent tile:  Stone Medley SF4 Ariston 5/8" Random Linear (Top right corner)
Obsessed with this tile!  I love the little stone pieces. Can't wait to see this installed.

Counter tops:
The counters (not pictured) are the standard white cultured marble.

Springmanor Master Bath Floor plan
Ryan Homes Master Bath with Soaking Tub

You can find all our Ryan Homes updates here: Building With Ryan Homes

Follow me on Bloglovin'!
Follow

2 comments:

  1. That's interesting (and possibly foreboding) that the Ryan Homes installed tile incorrectly, which one would think would be a pretty easy catch, on their own model home? And then make a relative fuss over allowing a buyer to have a similar install done.

    ReplyDelete