Sunday, February 5, 2017

Valentine's Decorating Ideas DIY

While my husband and I don't ever do anything grandiose for Valentine's Day, I do love to decorate for it! It's one of my favorite holidays to decorate for as I love red, pink and hearts!

Valentine's Day crafts


I was inspired to make this cute heart wall art after I came across an adorable ombre heart calendar from Me and My DIY.  It is such a cool idea!  I love the 3D effect on the original, but my heart punch isn't symmetrical, so that wasn't an option.  It's super simple to do.  I punched out six hearts of six different colors then attached to a sheet of card stock using mini glue dots.  I started out measuring the spacing, but ended up just free handing it.




For the paper I used a combination of card stock and paper I found around the house (one was from a card that came in a Birchbox and another from a Victoria's Secret gift card holder!). So if you don't want to go out and buy paper, just look around the house and I'm sure you'll be surprised by what you find. I used heavier paper as my punch has started to dull (which caused the edges to not be crisp with thinner paper), but if your punch is sharp you can use thinner paper from magazines and catalogs.


Valentine's Day Crafts

Valentines Day wall art

I've compiled a list of my favorite Valentine's Day crafts plus decor on my Valentine's Day Pinterest board, so be sure to check it out!



Follow me on Bloglovin'!
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment