Sunday, January 1, 2017

We did it! Building with Ryan Homes

Friday, at the eleventh hour, we decided to build a new home with Ryan Homes!  We are beyond excited (and slightly terrified)!  We are building in Windsor Estates in Liberty Township, Ohio.

After much debate, we chose the Springmanor model, which is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath ranch.  We had been set on buying a ranch until we walked through the model, a Bateman, which has the most gorgeous kitchen / living room.  In the end, we went back to the ranch as I just think the Bateman is too much house for us (and more house means more cleaning, which I loathe).  We went with elevation A with brick and side-entry garage.


The only thing I don't love is that we haven't actually seen it in person.  We've been in similar floor plans from other builders, but this is a new floor plan and there haven't been any built in our area yet.

I'll be posting our current selections in the next few days.  Next up is meeting with the flooring company and making color selections!  Super excited for that.

We have 7 days to make structural changes and 14 days to make other changes, so would love to hear your thoughts on must haves, things you regret not doing, etc.!




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your deciscion. Hopefully you won't regret it. We sure didn't. I honestly can't think of too much that we regret not doing? Off the top of my head though:

    * We didn't get the optional windows in the study (first floor bedroom). We thought we had selected them, but by the time we realized we hadn't, it was too late.
    * We didn't get the finished basement. I think you guys did. So good for you!
    * We opted for speaker pre-wire in 2 rooms from our low voltage company (Guardian/HST). However, I should have considered this a little more. If I had, I would have opted for 5.1 speaker wiring, instead of the 2 speakers in the family room we got.
    * You may want to ask for an outlet in your master bedroom closet as well, depending on how large it is and such. In case you want to iron or do other things that may require electricity in there.
    * I love your brick selection by the way!

    ReplyDelete