Sunday, May 3, 2015

Pinterest


I have over 1,000 pins on Pinterest, 75% of which are recipes.  Of that I've probably made less than a dozen.  Every week I say I'm going to finally try some new recipes, but end up going back to my old favorites.  This weekend however, I made two recipes from Pinterest pins! 


The first was Ruby Red Sangria from winefolly.com.  The recipe is for a whole pitcher, but I decided to make an individual serving just incase I wasn't a fan, so I had to tweak it a little.  It was delicious and I will definitely be making again!



Ruby Red Sangria

Ingredients:
8 oz Pinot Noir
1/3 c. Ruby Red Grapefruit juice
Juice of 1/2 a lime 
1 tsp of sugar

Mix all together ensuring sugar dissolves. Refrigerate before enjoying if not starting with cold wine/juice.


Adapted from this recipe: Best Sangria Recipe from Winefolly.com



The second recipe I made was Cheddar and Horseradish Spread from Bon Appetit.  This tasted amazing although the consistency was off(as you can see from the picture it does not look too pretty) and was too thin.  The wine and horseradish pair really well together.  I think the next time I make it I will replace the sour cream with cream cheese and add more cheddar cheese. Will definitely be making again, so I will post an updated recipe.



Cheddar and Horseradish Spread

Ingredients:
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup dry white wine(I used Chardonnay)
1/3 cup of sour cream
3 tablespoons of prepared horseradish, drained
Few dashes of paprika
Few dashes of cayenne pepper (The recipe called for hot paprika, which I couldn't find, so improvised with regular paprika & cayenne)

Add all ingredients to food processor and process until smooth.  Serve with crackers.

Adapted from this recipe: Cheddar and Horseradish Spread from Bon Appetit


My plan is to try to make new recipes at least twice a month, so will definitely share as I do.

Any favorite recipes you've found on Pinterest?  Would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment